In this two-day class, students will learn how to use FortiAuthenticator 5.4 for secure authentication and identity management. Students will learn how to configure and deploy FortiAutheticator, use FortiAuthenticator for certificate management and two-factor authentication, as well as authenticate users using LDAP and RADIUS servers. Finally, students will examine some helpful troubleshooting techniques.
In interactive labs, you will explore how to authenticate users, with FortiAuthenticator acting as a RADIUS and LDAP server, a certificate authority (CA), and logon event collector that uses—and extends—the Fortinet Single Sign-On (FSSO) framework to transparently authenticate users. You will explore portal services, FortiTokens, and digital certificates.
After completing this course, candidates will be able to:
- Configure FortiAuthenticator and FortiGate for two- factor authentication
- Provision FortiToken hardware and FortiToken mobile software tokens
- Configure FortiAuthenticator as a logon event collector using the FSSO communication framework
- Configure portal services for guest and local user management
- Configure FortiAuthenticator for wired and wireless 802.1x authentication, MAC-based authentication, and machine-based authentication using supported EAP methods
- Manage digital certificates (root CA, sub-CA, user, and local services digital certificates)
- Configure FortiAuthenticator as a SCEP server for CRLs and CSRs
- Troubleshoot authentication failures